It’s time for the SP10 questionnaire. All posts to SP10 you’ll find in the left sidebar in the categorie Secret Pal 10.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer pure wool or other natural fibers or sock yarn with a little bit of poly-xy. I love alpaca. I absolutely hate something like “Brasilia”: fringed yarn (in German we call it “Fusselgarn”) or bouclé, 100% poly-xy: aarhg!!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
For my circular needles I use a “Regia Box” (that’s a simple metal box) and I sewed some little bags for the circulars. For my dpn’s I sewed a little needle case.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’m knitting for years, my level is intermediate. I learnt it in school and my grandma teached me to knit socks.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I’ll send you the link if you want.
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I’m sorry: I hate candles with any scent! And I don’t like any flavored bath products. I do not like any synthetic scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes: I love very dark chocolate!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Yes, I’m spinning since a year.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, my equipment can play MP3s. Music all over the place: Rock, Pop, classical music too but please no Techno!
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I like blue, red, orange, brown, black, green. I don’t like yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single with one cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, I wear scarves, hats and mittens. No Ponchos please! I think they are an undesirable trend 😉
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit socks and cardigans or lace shawls.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks: Embossed Leaves Socks and a cardigan from German knitting magazine.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular needles or for socks and other little pieces dpn’s, bamboo, ebony or rosewood.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I only own a Niddy Noddy.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Just in moment I do not have a UFO!!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Day of Reunification: October 3.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
For the books: see my Amazon wish list. I’m reading the Rowan Magazine, Interweave Knits, sometimes the Vogue Knitting and some German knitting magazines.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
With every new project I learn something new or I learn, that I have to learn a new technique. I should train to knit with two colors.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I love to knit socks! My measurements: in German 40, that’s US 9
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)